Where: Kensington Gardens, off the Broad Walk.
What: Drinking fountain on the site of St Govor’s Holy Well. The well has been covered over.
Text: This drinking fountain marks the site of an ancient spring, which in 1856 was named St Govor’s Well by the First Commissioner of Works, later to become Lord Llanover. Saint Govor, a sixth century hermit, was the patron saint of a church in Llanover which had eight wells in its churchyard.
Material: Portland Stone
- Guide to Kensington Gardens